Sunday, March 20, 2011

Red Shouldered Hawks at Lake Mercer

Today was a fantastic day and I spent the afternoon at Lake Mercer taking pictures. I have so many that I can't post them all at one time so today I will focus on the Red Shouldered Hawks. These hawks have set up residence right on the trail near the south west side of the lake. Today I used a tripod and it made all of the difference using the 500mm lens. Due to some technical stuff with the size of the imager in this camera it equates to an 800mm lens on a 35mm film camera. In the coming days I will post more shots of various criters.


Red Shouldered Hawks Mating


Red Shouldered Hawk with a Vole


Red Shouldered Hawk looking for lunch


A Red Shouldered Hawk keeping a lookout
Check back often for the latest images



No comments: